In practice, SocialWatt examines a holistic and utility-centred approach towards energy poverty mitigation in the EU. Therefore, the benefits are numerous and include:
- Best practices and tools to identify energy poor households and develop schemes to alleviate energy poverty.
- Better design and implementation of innovative schemes that aim to alleviate energy poverty in eight EU countries.
- Enhanced collaboration of energy stakeholders with public authorities and social services.
- A reduced number of households affected by energy poverty due to energy efficiency interventions triggered.
- Significant energy savings, as a result of energy efficiency investments triggered.
- Increased uptake of renewable energy sources, as a result of investments triggered.
- Climate change mitigation, due to notable reductions in greenhouse gas emissions.